Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sand Car Builder Parts

The Cold Heart - Part 7


"W as you want from me, Peter Munk? it asked in a muffled voice.
"I've ch 'anything, Mr. Treasurer," Peter replied with downcast eyes.
"K Önner stone heart want?" said the other. "You have everything you need for your whose bad sense, and I will hardly satisfy your desire."
"A over your but I've promised three wishes! One I am always still left."
"D och can I refuse him, if he is foolish," said the forest spirit, "but come, I want to hear what you want!"
"S o me take out the dead stone and give me my living heart!" said Peter.
"H ab 'I made the trade with you?" Glass asked the little man. "Am I the Dutch Michael, who bestows wealth and cold hearts? There with him you must search your heart! "
" A ch, he never returns, "said Peter.
" D u sorry for me, as bad as you are also "the little man said, after some thought." But because your wishes are not foolish, then I can at least refuse my help. Then listen - with your heart you can not get more power, but by afternoon, and it will not perhaps be difficult. Because there remains only the stupid Michel Michel, although he seems extremely intelligent. So then go straight path up to him and do as I thee hot, "and now taught him in everything and gave him a little cross made of pure glass. "In the life he can not hurt you, and he will release you if you hold him to this and will pray. And did you do what you ask for, receive, then come back to me at this place!"
P eter Munk took the cross, impressed itself on all the words to memory and passed on to Dutch Michels dwelling. He called his name three times, and soon the giant stood before him. "You have killed your wife?" he asked with a terrible laugh. "Had it done so well! Brought you your fortune to the beggars. But you will go for some time out of the country must, for it will make noise if you can not find it, and you need money, and probably come to fetch it? "
" D u guessed it, "said Peter," and only quite a lot this time! Because in America it is far away. "
M ichel went ahead and took him to his hut. There, he concluded on a chest, which was a lot of money, and reached out all the roles. While he hinzählte on the table, "said Peter," You're a free bird, Michel, you've lied to me, I had a stone in the chest and you had my heart! "
"U nd is it not so?" Michel asked in amazement. "Do you feel for your heart? Is not it cold as ice? Do you fear or grief? Can you regret anything?"
"D have u can rest my heart is, but I've yet how else in my chest - and Ezekiel also, who told me that you lied to us, you're not! the man to the unnoticed one's heart and could safely pull out of my chest! Because you had to conjure up. "
"A over I assure you, "Michel said angrily," you and Ezekiel and all the rich people who are with me have such a cold heart like you, and right heart I have in my room. "
" E i, like you is the lies of the tongue, "laughed Peter." You make a different-looking! Do you think I've seen on my travels, no such tricks by the dozen? imitated wax from your hearts are here in the chamber! You're a rich guy, I admit - but you can not conjure up ".
D a giant and angry at the crack of the chamber door" Come in and read all the papers, and that there - look - the Peter Munk's heart. Do you see how it twitches? Can we also make wax? "
" U nd yet it is made of wax, "said Peter." So suggests a right heart does not, I have mine still in the chest. No magic, you can not! "
" A over I will show you, "cried the other angrily." You must feel it yourself that this is your heart. "He took it, tore Peters jacket on and took a stone out of his chest and showed him. Then he took the heart, breathed on it and placed it gently in his place, and immediately felt Peter, as it knocked and he could be happy again.
"W ie are you now?" Michel asked, smiling.
"W ahrhaftig, you were right," said Peter, as he gently pulled his little cross from his pocket. "I wish I had not believed that one could do such things!"
"N true maybe? And I can conjure up that thou see But come, now I will put you into the stone."
"L angsam, Mr Michel!" cried Peter, took a step back and held against him the little cross. "With bacon catch mice - and this time you're the dupes." At the same time he began to pray, whatever occurred to him only.
D Michel was a smaller and smaller, fell down, writhing to and fro like a worm and groaned and moaned - and all around the heart began to twitch and to insist that it sounded like the workshop of a clockmaker. But Peter was afraid it was all over him remendy scary, he ran out of the chamber and to the house and climbed, driven by fear, climb the rock wall. For he heard that Michel roused himself, stamped and raged and he forwards terrible curses. When he was up, He ran to the pine wood. A terrible weather, drew lightning fell left and right down at him and shattered the trees, but he arrived safely on the ground of the Glass-man.
S a heart beat with joy, and only because it was pounding. But then he looked with horror on his life back on as the storm, the right and left behind him shattered the beautiful forest. He thought of his wife Elizabeth, his beautiful, good woman he had killed out of avarice. He felt himself in front as the scum of people, and he wept bitterly when he came to the glass hill, little man.
D Treasurer he was sitting under the Christmas tree and smoked out of his small pipe, but he looked more alert than before. "Why are you crying, Peter Kohl?" he asked. "Did you not get your heart? If still cold in your chest?"
"A ch, Lord!" Peter sighed. "When I was still wearing the cold heart of stone, I never cried -. My eyes were as dry as the land in July, but now it wants me almost break the old heart of what I have done my debtors I have driven into poverty, up! poor and the sick, the dogs rushed, and you know it and even how my whip fell on his lovely face! "
"P eter! You were a great sinner, "said the little man." The money and idleness have spoiled you until your heart into stone, not joy, not sorrow, no remorse, no compassion knew more. But repentance reconciled -. And if I only knew that you your life right sorry, I might have something to do for you "
" I ch wants nothing more, "said Peter, and left sad his head fell. "With me it's over, I can not enjoy my life more. What should I do so alone in the world? My mother never forgive what I've done it, and I may have it in the ground to be related, I monster! And Elizabeth, my wife! Beat me dear dead, Mr. Treasurer has, then my miserable life suddenly ended! "
" G ut, "replied the little man," if you want it otherwise, so you can have it . 'He calmly took his pipe from his mouth, knocked it out and put it on. Then he got up slowly and went behind the pines. but Peter sat weeping on the grass, his life was worth nothing to him, and he expected . patiently for the fatal blow after a while he heard quiet footsteps behind him and thought ". Now he will come"
"S chau up ! But once more, Peter Munk, "cried the little man Peter wiped the tears from his eyes and looked around and saw - his mother, Elizabeth, his wife, gazing at him kindly as he jumped with joy.." Then you are not dead, Lisbeth? And you are there, mother, and you forgive me? "
" S he will forgive you, "said the Glass-man," because you feel true remorse, and everything should be forgotten. Now draw at home in your father's house and had a charcoal burner as before. Are you honest and trustworthy, so you will honor your trade and your neighbors will love you more and look as if you had ten tons of gold. "So Glass said the little man and took leave of them.
D he three praised and blessed it and went home.
D as magnificent house of the wealthy Peter ceased. The lightning had lit it and burned with all its treasures. But after his father's cottage, it was not far. Now there she was bound, and the great loss they did not care.
A about how astonished when she arrived at the hut! It had become a beautiful farmhouse, and everything in it was simple but good and clean.
"D as did the glass good little man!" cried Peter.
"W he beautiful!" said Lisbeth. "And here I am much more at home than in the big house with many servants."
V on now, it was Peter Munk, a hard-working, honest man, he was satisfied with what he had, his business operation, undaunted, and so it was that he wealthy through their own power and was considered and popular in the whole forest. He quarreled no more with wife Elizabeth, honored his mother and gave the poor who knocked at his door. When after a year or a beautiful wife Elizabeth Boy was born, Peter went to the pine and said his little piece. But the Glass-man did not appear. "Mr. Treasurer" he cried aloud. "Hear me now, I want nothing more than ask you to be godfather to my little son!" But he gave no answer, only a short gust of wind whistled through the pines and threw some pine cones down on the grass. "Then I will take this as a keepsake, because you do not yet want to be seen!" cried Peter, put the pins in his pocket and went home. But when he took off the Sonntagswams at home and his mother turned the bags and wanted to put the jacket in the box, there were four handsome money rolls out, and when she opened it, it was all good, new Baden dollars and not one among them wrong. And that was the godfathers of the little man in the pine forests for little Peter.
S o they lived on quietly and assiduously, and often even later, as did Peter Munk has gray hair, he said: "It is better to be satisfied with less than gold and goods and have a cold heart. "

contains the original version of the fairytale side story that fits the narrator. Here we have omitted these side stories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment